January 23, 2014

Wild Honey Apothecary Pumpkin Cocoa Honey Mud

I have a love hate relationship with face masks.  Why? Because I have dry to super dry skin and a lot of the face masks I have tried or have made myself seem to be for normal or for oily skin.  Or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  I've added honey, rose water, and even glycerin to the mix.  They have all hated me.  Of course I have not tried everything on the market, yet.



Upon hearing one day of my troubles, I received some much needed guidance from Kat of Wild Honey Apothecary.  I was more than willing to purchase one of her handmade concoctions as long as it was hydrating.  This was my only requirement.  She guided me to her Pumpkin Cocoa Honey Mud face mask.  I nearly did a triple take as anything with pumpkin I was all over it.

The only reason I'm not completely out of this face mask already is sheer and utter laziness.  Because I'm not in a routine yet of doing regular face masks I tend to forget to do them.  When I do remember I have this jar of wonderful it is a purely enjoyable experience and my skin is so much better for it.  It is the first face mask that I've done that does not dry out my skin.  My skin is not irritated or red afterwards and I can leave it on for quite a while (most masks I cannot tolerate for more than ten minutes).



The first time I used the mask I wet my face way to much and was a drippy mess.  The mask was practically sliding off of me.  I've since learned my lesson and now mist water all over my face and then apply the mask over my slightly damp face. This works best for me.  Not only is the Pumpkin Honey Mud great for your skin I find it also a great aromatherapy experience.  For me it is not a process to be rushed.  Thankfully the formulation allows you to relax and enjoy.  It's not like I'm going to turn into the crypt keeper while having this on my skin like a typical clay mask would and for that I'm forever thankful for Kat and her wild apothecary ways.

For the sake of us dry skin gals I hope she never stops making this product!


12 comments:

  1. I have the same problem as you, I find masks drying or forget to do them. Sounds great for your skin but how do you stop yourself from eating it pumpkin, cocoa and honey that's pudding in a jar lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it you happen to take a taste.... I won't tell anyone.

      Delete
  2. You had me at hydration! ��I keep trying to supply my face with loads of amazing moisture but it continues to resist. I think I'll have to give this mask a try and see if it will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's the only pre-made mask that hasn't made me feel like the crypt keeper. Seriously. I'd give it a go.

      Delete
  3. Darling Paula -thank you! I am forever grateful for your support and wonderful blog. A true gem in green blogging, thank you, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just promise me you won't stop making this mask. I'll try to remember to use it more often :)

      Delete
  4. Haha @ crypt keeper. I understand your frustrations girl. This mask sounds divine and if it weren't for the argan, I'd be all over it. Great review xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review! Had a bit of chat with Kat a while ago and she is really super friendly! I really hope to try their products soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried the Strawberry Honey Mud which I got from Jen and it's lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this sounds like a wonderful mask. I have the same skin issues as you and it sounds like perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we could easily get this brand in the UK. Crypt keeper really made me laugh too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely review! I'm lusting after their Buttermilk Honey Mud at the moment.

    ReplyDelete