Friday, January 24, 2014

Ode to Oils #NoBuyJanuary

*PR Sample

Ah, oils. Once I transitioned into green beauty and discovered all the wonderful healing powers of oils, I was all in.  Living in a dry climate, having dry skin, getting *cough* older, all of these things seem to beg for one thing: hydration.  The hard part is keeping things hydrated for more than 2.5 seconds.  Natural and organic oils to the rescue!

Well, here I am today to expose my collection of oils.  I will disclose that not shown is the all raved about coconut oil.  Yes, I do own coconut oil.  Yes, I do use coconut oil, but it is just not in the picture.  I'll be honest, I'm not using it in my beauty routine like I used to when I first made the switch into green beauty.  I love it in the kitchen.

Anyway...

My Current Natural Oils Collection
The above photo is what I currently own.  Most of the products shown I purchased.  A few are PR samples, and one is a contest prize.  It is quite a mix.  Generally speaking from the left-to-right are face oils, then single oils, then body oils.

Face Oils (MVO Face Oil* not pictured).
I don't think I can ever go back to not using face oils.  I'm officially addicted.
My face oils: Kenza Pure Fusion Oil (2 qty. purchased when on sale B1G1 free), Sellwood Soap Co. Facial Oil with Rose Hip Seed,  Argan & Tamanu Oils* (PR Sample), Olie Biologique Huile Moderne 004 Hydrating Oil (contest prize), Acure Seriously Firming Facial Serum* (PR Sample), Osmia Organics Facial Restoration Serum, & MVO Face Oil* (PR Sample) (not pictured-I had used it the day I took the photo and it wasn't in the right spot and missed it's close up)


Single Oils.  Keep my options open with single oils.  So many uses.  So little time.
Single Oils: Left-to-Right: Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil also in the dark glass spray bottle (2 qty-1 is a PR sample*), Now Solutions Avocado Oil, Aura Cacia Argan Oil* (PR Sample), Acure Argan Oil

Body Oils: because lotion is boring.



Have you used any of these?  What oils are you loving lately?

Am I missing out on any oils?







14 comments:

  1. Lovely collection I love the look of Olie and Osmia Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Well, when I discovered that natural oils actually worked for me, I sort of went a bit crazy. Now I'm in the appreciate and use it stage.

      Delete
  3. Incredible collection! There are so many I want to try (Osmia, Kahina, Olie Biologique...) The only one we have in common is Badger's antioxidant body oil (I got it in Vanilla & Jasmine). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased the Badger Oil in unscented on purpose. 1st because some days you just need no fragrance even if it is natural and also so I could add my own essential oils on a per use basis. When I get the exact drop per pumps ratio down I'm going to blog about it.

      Delete
  4. Nice collection! I have some of the same. How do you circulate them? i.e. do you use them all with the same frequency? Layer any of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all of the face oils have been opened. I just took them out for the photo. :) I'm trying my best to store them so they stay nice and fresh until I can get to them. As for the body oils I typically use them 1-2 times a day. Generally I stick with the same one for a few weeks unless my needs change. The single oils typically have their own unique purpose and I use them depending on need. Almond oil I use as my eye makeup remover & I've blogged about that. Argan oil is a staple in my hair care routine.

      Delete
  5. Wow, quite a collection! I loveeeee oils too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say how jealous I am of that collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah lovely collection!! Oils are the best!<3 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a collection! I love oils - the first one I bought was Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Oil and it smells delicious. I'm currently loving Indie Lee Squalane Oil! I love the look of the Osmia oils!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am using Celtic Complexion's Youth Infusion 7 High Potency Serum. While I love how quickly it absorbs, I cannot abide the scent (rose and sandlewood), so I am in search of an alternative. The serum boosts from Seventh Generation are surprisingly wonderful, and the price ($14.99 @ Walgreen's) cannot be beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Seventh Gen. Oil is actually on my wishlist of products to try, but with this stockpile it will be a long time before I will get to it. Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete